Thanks to the woefully and purposefully inadequate leadership of the 44th President of the United States of America, Barack Hussein Obama, “The Shining City Upon a Hill” has become greatly tarnished, in not only the view of its citizens, but, also, in the view of the whole Free World.
At the same time, our enemies, the Enemies of Freedom, are diggin’ it….because America has gone from having a man like Ronald Reagan occupy the Oval Office to a clueless, prevaricating wuss, in the form of Barack Hussein Obama.
To prove my point, I am going to list five examples of the Greatest Accomplishments of Ronald Wilson Reagan, courtesy of humanevents.com, and answer each one of them, with a failure of Barack Hussein Obama, in that very same area.
The kicker is, all of the failures that I will cite, have occurred THIS PAST WEEK.
1. Peace through Strength: The military was diminished during the Carter years, but Reagan reversed that by rebuilding the armed forces. His Peace Through Strength philosophy was manifested by his reviving the B-1 bomber that Carter canceled, starting production of the MX missile, and pushing NATO to deploy Pershing missiles in West Germany. He increased defense spending by more than 40%, increased troop levels, and even got much-needed space parts into the pipeline. Those efforts ensured that America remained a military superpower.
Last Monday, President Barack Hussein Obama appeared, once again, before the General Assembly of the United Nations. Among the topics he pontificated upon on, was his Foreign Policy Goals for the next year.
While ol’ Scooter was reporting in to his Masters at the UN, msn.com reported that
The Iraqi military announced Sunday that it had agreed to share intelligence about the Islamic State with Russia, the Syrian government and Iran, an agreement that caught the Obama administration off guard. The Iraqi military said in a statement that the new agreement was necessary because thousands of volunteers who have joined the Islamic State have come from Russia. Asked if he welcomed the accord, Secretary of State John Kerry said it was important that the United States and Russia coordinate.
“I think the critical thing is that all of the efforts need to be coordinated,” Mr. Kerry said at the start of a meeting in New York with Sergey V. Lavrov, the Russian foreign minister. “This is not yet coordinated. I think we have concerns about how we’re going to go forward, but that’s precisely what we’re meeting on to talk about now.”
Which leads us to Reagan’s next accomplishment…
2. Ending the Cold War: The Cold War had raged since World War II and communism’s quest for world domination remained an existential threat to the United States when President Reagan took office. Reagan reversed the policy of detente and stood firm against the Soviet Union, calling it the Evil Empire and telling Mikhail Gorbachev to “tear down this wall” in Berlin. He was relentless in pushing his Strategic Defense Initiative and gave aid to rebels battling Soviet-backed Marxists from Nicaragua to Angola. Those efforts were critical in the ultimate collapse of the Soviet empire and essentially ended the Cold War.
This past week, Obama’s failed Foreign Policy, erroneously named “Smart Power!”, has resulted in Obama being told to “‘step aside”, getting sand kicked into his face, like the 98-lb. weakling in those old Charles Atlas Ads, which used to be on the back of comic books, back in the day, during a time when our enemies knew better than to mess with us.
Yahoo News reported that
Russia’s dramatic entry Wednesday into the Syrian war put the United States on the back foot once again and left Washington struggling to regain the military and diplomatic initiative.
As US Secretary of State John Kerry was in New York trying to coordinate with his Kremlin opposite number Sergei Lavrov, a Russian officer contacted the US embassy in Baghdad.
His message was simple: Russian jets are about to launch air strikes in Syria, please stay out of their way.
Kerry quickly protested to Lavrov that this was not in the spirit of Moscow’s promise to agree a “de-confliction” mechanism to ensure Russian flights do not interfere with US-led operations.
But the strikes were already underway, potentially altering the balance of power in Syria back in favor of Bashar al-Assad’s regime, and Washington was looking at a fait accompli.
Enough about Foreign Policy, let’s take a look at Domestic Policy…
3. Reaganomics: Reagan’s mix of across-the-board tax cuts, deregulation, and domestic spending restraint helped fuel an economic boom that lasted two decades. Reagan inherited a misery index (the sum of the inflation and unemployment rates) of 19.99%, and when he left office it had dropped to 9.72%. President Obama take note: Under Reaganomics, 16 million new jobs were created.
According to the Monthly Jobs Report, released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics on Friday Morning. the number of Americans not in the labor force exceeded 94 million for the second time in a row last month hitting a new record high.
The BLS reports that 94,610,000 people (ages 16 and over) were not in the America’s Workforce in September. This means that they were neither employed nor had made specific efforts to find work in the prior four weeks.
The number of individuals out of the work force last month — due to just flat giving up, retirement or other reasons, represented a huge 579,000 person increase over the most recent record, hit in August, of 94,031,000 people out of the workforce.
The story of this report lies not just in the shear, maddening numbers, but in the spiritual, psychological, and economical toll, grinding those families stuck in Obama’s Failed Economy, face down in a morass of overdue bills, failed marriages, and bankruptcy.
4. Morning in America: It was basically a slogan for Reagan’s 1984 reelection bid, but Morning in America symbolized a new beginning for the country. Reagan’s jaunty optimism and an economic boom was a much-needed tonic for a country that had experienced the malaise of the Carter years and the traumas of Watergate and Vietnam.
From the beginning of his tenure as President of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has been a “Nattering Nabob of Negativity”, to quote the late Vice-President Spiro Agnew. From his Speech at the University of Cairo to the Muslim World, to his World Apology Tour, where he apologizes for “how mean” the USA had been to “everybody”, to his continuous blaming of America’s Municipal Police Forces for the violent result of HIS Rhetoric of Racial Animus and Class Warfare, to his championing of “Abortion Rights”, to his belief that all of those out here in America’s Heartland are “bitterly clinging” to our Bibles and our guns, Obama’s demonstrated belief that America and Americans are NOT exceptional, have lead to a seven year “malaise” that makes the Carter Years seem positively jubilant.
5. Voiced values: Reagan gave voice to the values that had served America well – thrift, patriotism, and hard work – and often recounted the wisdom of the Founding Fathers. He also championed the causes of the pro-life and family-values movements that sought to counter the societal upheavals of the 1960s and 1970s.
Obama’s First Presidential Campaign was based on his call for “Radical Change” in America. Now, 7 years later, we know what he meant.
The past two afternoons, Obama has gotten his mug in from of the television cameras, addressing the nation, using the actions of a crazed shooter at a community college in Oregon, to call for his favorite cause (besides the advancement of Islam) Gun Control. Never mind the fact that Black-on-Black Homicides are out-of-control in America, with Chicago experiencing 50 violent deaths last weekend, and Detroit and my hometown of Memphis, both overwhelmingly-majority black, being listed by the FBI as the two Most Violent Cities in America.
As we all know, even Obama, thugs are called “outlaws’ for a reason. New gun laws will not stop the killings. A good American man or woman with a gun can, though.
So, why is Obama so fervent in his quest to get America’s guns?
As Vladimir Lenis said,
One man with a gun can control 100 without one.
And, by the way, don’t you dare call it fascism. Remember, it’s not fascism, when Modern American Liberals propose it.
Barack Hussein Obama’s disdain for all of the core values of our country, such as American Exceptionalism, American Rugged Individualism, American Achievement, the American Family Unit, and the Faith of Our Fathers, has been shown through his words and actions, over and over again, through this long National Nightmare, through which we have been suffering, hoping fervently that the light at the end of the tunnel, is not an oncoming train…or a Nuclear Explosion.
The Good News is…
As a Constitutional Republic, those of us, the overwhelming majority of Americans who still believe in the concept of right and wrong, maintain the Rights which our Founding Fathers bestowed upon us, to speak our mind…regardless of what the current Presidential Administration, the Main Stream Media, and the rest of the mindless sycophants, who worship at the dual altars of popular culture and political correctness, want us to do.
We shall not be assimilated into the Hive-Mind.
That still, small voice which resides within each one of us, has led Americans to do great things, in service to their country and the concept of American Freedom, as personified by Lady Liberty, standing so majestically in New York Harbor.
God gave us this nation, ensconced in the concept of “Liberty and Justice for all”.
By His Grace, we will keep it.
As President Ronald Wilson Reagan, himself, said,
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Until He Comes,